It’s normal after a breakup, to sit around and say…
Figure out the things to say to the one you love that tells them you care for them deeply. Sayings don’t always have to be romantic or sugary sweet for them to be well received. A little romance can go a long way, but it is important to let your loved one know that you respect him or her and want to learn more about what he or she is thinking.
According to a survey from earlier this year, people say “I love you,” around five months into a relationship. Although this doesn’t mean that feelings aren’t realized or you’re not showing your partner you love them before this mark, in this modern day of romance, five months seem like a respectable amount of time to have passed before dropping the L-word.
Saying “I love you” isn’t always easy. While some cultures say it all the time and want to hear it all the time (France!), other cultures struggle with saying it all (Netherlands!), let alone on a regular basis. Those are some powerful words and depending on where you are in a relationship, it can either seal the deal or have your partner running for the door if they’re not quite ready. But while that may be the case, that doesn’t mean you can’t say other things to make your partner feel loved.
Why don’t we speak the love that we feel? You want your spouse to know you love them, but you keep it to yourself. Why? Speak up! Here’s how!
1. “I’m Proud Of You”
No matter what’s going on in your partner’s life, telling them that you’re proud of them can really make them feel loved. This is most especially true when they’re having a difficult time of things. It shows ultimate support.
2. What can I get you? – This simple line conveys a real sense of care and concern. Whether you are at the store on your way home, going to the store, caring for them when they are sick, or just getting up from the couch to go to the kitchen, demonstrating that you are not only thinking of yourself but your significant other as well conveys a powerful message to them that they matter to you.
3. “You Make Me Want To Be A Better Person”
Although I realized this line is stolen from As Good As it Gets and tweaked a bit, it’s still a very powerful thing to say. Very few people we know make us want to be better people, so when we come across those people who do and we tell them, it’s going to make their heart soar.
4. I am grateful you’re in my life. – This conveys to them a deep sense of appreciation. It offers how much meaning there is to their presence and decision to be with you on this road of life. It represents the true nature of a partnership and that you are thankful for it.
5. “I Love The Person I Am When I’m With You”
There’s no other great compliment in the world that telling the person you love that you love who you are when you’re with them. I mean, there just isn’t. It’s basically code for, “I love more than I’ll ever love anyone else in the world.”
6. “Are You OK?”
I realize this might seem a little boring, but it’s important to check in with your partner, because it not only shows you care, but that you love them. Whether you ask them how their day was, what they’re thinking, or just about the general welfare of their mind and body, it lets them know you give a damn.
7. You are beautiful inside and out. – This conveys to them total acceptance. Everyone has insecurities. When someone says this to you, if even for a moment, it can wash away those insecurities. Putting them at ease and at peace will be a huge benefit to what you experience out of the relationship.
8. “You Inspire Me”
While not everyone wants to be a muse, people do like to know that they inspire others, especially if that other is their partner. It’s evidence of how important they are to you.
9. Thank you for all that you do. – This conveys to them a complete sense acknowledgment and respect. Whether it is for washing the car, doing the laundry, paying the bills, making dinner, caring for the kids, cleaning the house, working long hours or any of the million other things we each have to do every day. Taking a sincere moment to wholeheartedly say thank you can be a HUGE positive for any relationship.
10. You turn me on. – This conveys to them that they are attractive and sexy. While not necessary for all relationships, intimacy can be a huge connecting and strengthening point. To let your significant other know they are desired emotionally, mentally and sexually by you is a big way to keep any relationship fresh and exciting.
11. “I Genuinely Appreciate You”
Although I do think you can’t go wrong by thanking your partner for all the good they do for you and bring to your life, I also think that telling them that you truly genuinely appreciate them brings that gratefulness to another level. You’re not just thankful, but appreciative, too. People love to be appreciated.
12. “I’m Sorry”
Want to really let your partner know you love them? Admit when you’re wrong and say you’re sorry.
13. “I’ll Always Have Your Back”
Not only are you saying that your partner will forever have your support, but if push comes to shove, they can count on you being in their corner. You’re a team; it’s you two against the world.
14. “No One Challenges Me The Way You Do”
Similar to being one’s inspiration, people also want to know that they challenge their partner. No one wants to be in a relationship with someone where they’re so stimulation of the minds. Telling your partner that they give you a run for your money, is telling them you love them.
15. I am here for you always – This conveys a deep sense of commitment. When one feels another is committed they will do almost anything for them. To offer this to another person is the essence of building the loyalty, trust and bond that can last a lifetime. It is often the toughest times in life that this statement is the most important.
16. “You Never Fail To Bring Out The Best In Me”
Not only does this tell your partner exactly how important they are to your happiness, but it shows them that, while you may not have been incomplete before you met them, they definitely bring something important to your life that others can not.
17. “You Got This”
Maybe it’s not very eloquent, but it gets the point across: You’re ambitious and awesome and you’re going to nail this — “this” being any number of things like an interview, deadline, or even just painting the living room another color.
18. “I Can’t Imagine Growing Old With Anyone Else”
Love means wanting to stick it out for the long run. Telling someone you want to grow old with them is telling them that your feelings are legit, strong, and will last a lifetime.
Each of these powerful statements can be so enriching to your partner and to the relationship as a whole. Remember, a happy, peaceful, secure partner is a very big part of a satisfying relationship for you. Conveying what you feel in your heart that uplifts another is potent and karmic for everything you are looking to feel and experience back. You must give what you truly desire to receive. Being able to say these wonderful things can lead to incalculable positive results for your relationship and your life as a whole. Enriching in the highest sense.
If you've broken up, it's likely over, for good. Yet,…
WHAT THE NUMBERS SAY.... Which country is the most comfortable…
Love in the time of the coronavirus outbreak is tricky,…
Did Jesus say adultery is the only grounds for divorce? Marriage:…
Before You Text Your Ex During The Coronavirus Pandemic, Read…
What Does It Mean To Date In The Age Of…
How To Deal With Jealousy When You’re Dating If you…
How To Create Healthy Boundaries When You Start Dating Someone…