What to make your boyfriend or husband feel special? Well, we have just the thing for you.
The magnanimity of love is such that it often leaves us speechless. There are a million ways to express your love for the man in your life. But when all else fails, there are love quotes and sayings that will get your message across just as you want them to. Go on, spread the love.
Our words are like spells.
They have the power to change the way people feel, think, and act towards us. That’s why when it comes to love, our words can charm or repel someone.
Even the simplest things you say to a man can make him melt or have him running for the hills.
If you are wondering what you can say to a guy to drive him crazy, the good news is, it’s easy when you know-how.
What words attract a man? Read on to find out 30 example phrases to make a man feel like a hero and why they work.
Phrases that make him feel special
On a planet with over seven and a half billion people, there is still only one of you. That means each and every one of us is totally unique.
We all have little quirks and qualities that make us different. How incredible is that?
The idea of being a unique snowflake has been criticized by people like motivational speaker and author Simon Sinek, who argued in his viral video that one of the problems with Millennials is exactly this kind of narcissistic thinking.
But at the end of the day, we all want to feel special, especially in the eyes of our romantic partners.
Ironically, even though we spend much of our lives trying to fit in, at the same time, we also desperately want to be seen.
The people we feel most comfortable with in life are usually the ones that just “get us”.
We never feel like we blend into the crowd around them. They see what makes us who we are and they can appreciate the attributes that make us stand out.
Let him know that you see those valuable things within him, that not everybody will notice.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel special:
“I think you are the most ambitious man I’ve ever dated.”
“I can really tell that you listen deeply to people when they talk, I love that about you.”
“It’s clear that you put family first, I think that’s so rare these days and a special quality.”
Phrases that reinforce him
Every single man wants to feel respected.
They want to feel like the man of the house and that they have the strength to lead. That doesn’t mean in any sexist or old-fashioned kind of way, it’s just that every guy wants to feel powerful in their own lives.
One way of exerting our sense of power is through decision-making. Just like all of us, when they make a choice, men want to feel like it was the right one and it will pay off.
By letting him know that you respect his decisions or admire his choices (in big or small ways), you are validating him.
You are effectively saying to him that he has good judgment.
That means, when you think he’s made the right choice, let him know. It doesn’t have to be a huge life-changing decision, it could be as simple as the shirt he picked out to wear to a party.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel validated:
“It was such a good call taking this route instead of the other one, it’s saved us so much time.”
“I’m really glad you said we should go out tonight instead of staying in, this was way more fun.”
“That’s such a great idea, let’s do it.”
Phrases about his sexual prowess
Both men and women can feel a lot of pressure when it comes to sex.
We can worry about body image, how we’ll measure up or whether we will please our partner.
Being intimate with someone is understandably a vulnerable thing, so no wonder plenty of people experience sexual performance anxiety.
There can be a bit of a stereotypical image of sexual masculinity that guys feel they have to live up to.
Even though it still might be more socially expected for guys to do the “chasing” when it comes to sex, we all want to feel sexy and desired. Feeling virile is all part of his biological drive.
Most men don’t just want to get you into bed, they want to know that they can satisfy you sexually. He wants to feel reassured about his performance in the bedroom.
That’s why if you want to make him feel like a real man, throwing in phrases about his sexual prowess is a sure-fire way to do it.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel like a sex god:
“You turn me on so much.”
“How do you do it? Because I feel like the sex between us is next level.”
“It’s super sexy the way you pick me up and throw me around the bedroom”
Phrases about how he makes you feel
Unless your guy is a total narcissist then, just like in the bedroom, in everyday life he also wants to please you.
We all seek approval from people closest and we all need some feedback for our efforts — otherwise, we’re likely to cut our losses and move on.
It’s funny, we can all be very quick to criticize or let a partner know when they’ve done something to upset us. But we’re not always as quick to tell them all the positive emotions they spark within us.
That means whether he makes you feel sexy, safe, or loved, you should let him know.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel like he pleases you:
“You always manage to cheer me up and make me feel better.”
“You make me so happy, I always wake up smiling when I wake up next to you.”
“You make me laugh so much”
Phrases that make him feel needed
Guys want to feel useful to you.
Of course, you can do everything for yourself if you need to, but part of being in a partnership is teamwork and leaning on one another for support — both practical and emotional.
One of the quickest ways to emasculate a man is to make him feel useless. It’s belittling and will knock anyone’s pride.
That could be things like criticizing when you feel like he got something wrong or didn’t do a task how you would have done it.
For example, if he prepared you a meal and you chose to focus on the mess he made in the kitchen rather than his culinary efforts.
Every man wants to feel capable of helping you out whenever you need him.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel useful to you:
“Babe, can I get your help with this?”
“Can I ask your opinion on something?”
“Do you know how to fix this because I can’t seem to do it?”
Phrases that make him feel nurtured
There’s a popular article on Medium titled “the one thing men want more than sex”.
In it, the male author explains how even though plenty of people think sex is what drives most men, in actual fact a more powerful motivator is to feel cared for.
“Always wanting sex is part of the male persona we wear to show we’re manly. What we really want is a safe harbor where we can take refuge, relax, and be cared for. In other words, we want the feeling of being nurtured that most of us didn’t get enough of when we were children. But admitting these needs makes us feel like little boys, not big strong men.”
Whilst there are obviously biological and cultural differences between men and women, fundamentally all of us also share similar needs.
Ideas of toxic masculinity may make some men feel reluctant to admit that they too want to feel looked after. But it’s important to remember that guys want to feel loved and supported just as much.
Nurturing phrases remind him that it is safe to be vulnerable with you and let his guard down. They are also powerful words to say to a man to remind him why he needs you.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel cared for:
“I am going to the store, is there anything you’d like me to pick up for you?”
“I’m here for you no matter what happens.”
“I love you.”
Phrases that show you appreciate him
What is one of the most humble yet the most life-changing of emotions?
The answer is gratitude.
There’s been lots of research done on the power of gratitude in our lives. Studies have proved that it makes you happier, whilst others show it has a long-lasting effect on the brain which improves well being.
It’s not so surprising then that the magical effects of gratitude are just as significant in relationships too.
Apparently, when we notice great things in our partner, it prompts us to find even more we like about them. The more appreciation we show, the more we are also prepared to compromise and sacrifice for our other half.
When we don’t feel appreciated in a relationship, unsurprisingly, we’re more likely to get a wandering eye.
There are plenty of simple ways of acknowledging and being grateful for what he does for you, but simply telling him is one of the most effective.
Example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel appreciated:
“Thank you for doing that, I know you go out of your way for me, and I want you to know that I really appreciate it.”
“I feel so lucky to have you.”
“You do so much for me, you are the best.”
Phrases that celebrate him
Remember when you were a kid and you did something that really made your parents proud? Maybe you won a prize in something or got a really good grade.
How did it make you feel? Pretty great I’m guessing.
The truth is that even once we’ve grown up, we all still want to be successful and do well. Nothing prompts pride in us like the recognition of a job well done from those important to us.
It’s why you’ll no doubt leave the office with a big smile on your face when your boss celebrates something you’ve done.
The same is true for your man. Of course, we don’t ever want to lay it on too thick and come across as patronizing.
Ultimately though, he wants to be your hero, so the more you make him feel like he really is, the better he will feel. If you really want to trigger this emotion in him, be sure to big him up when others are around too.
3 example emotional trigger phrases to make him feel proud:
“You’re so smart.”
“You’ve been working so hard recently, I’m so impressed.”
“Did you make that? It’s amazing.”
Phrases that give him freedom
The thought of “settling down” can be equal parts exciting and terrifying.
A lot of us are looking to find the one and create a strong relationship with someone so that we can share our lives together.
At the same time, we may feel like it sometimes comes at the sacrifice of our freedom. Of course, healthy relationships enhance our lives rather than restrict them.
Showing him that you are independent is incredibly sexy to most guys. When people are independent, they don’t feel the need to try to control others.
They aren’t needy or clingy. They’re happy to let their partner have autonomy over their own lives, because they feel secure in themselves and their relationship.
Desperation is one of the biggest turn-offs. That’s why he will realize you’re special if you can show him that you understand you won’t always be his number one priority, and that’s ok.
Whether it’s going out with friends, spending some time alone, or giving him the room to pursue his own interests — show a man you aren’t trying to “tie him down” and he’ll be even more drawn to you.
3 example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel free
“It’s ok, I trust you.”
“If you feel like going out with your friends, don’t stay home on my account.”
“No problem if you are busy, I’ll call a friend and see if she wants to hang out.”
Phrases that challenge him
You’ve probably heard that men like the “chase” of a relationship. That’s because it’s actually human nature to be suspicious of anything that seems to come our way a bit too easily.
Guys are looking for a healthy challenge, rather than someone who is too keen or a total pushover.
He will respect you when you challenge him. If he feels like you have high standards, then it makes him feel good to know that he is worthy of your attention.
It’s not about playing games, but it is about self-respect.
That means it’s good to show him that you are selective, but that he qualifies for what you want in a man.
3 example emotional trigger phrases that will make him feel challenged:
“I’m really happy being single, so I don’t jump straight into relationships.”
“I never “play” hard to get, I don’t need to because I am hard to get.”
“It takes a while to earn my trust.”
In summary: 30 phrases that ignite desire in a man
Here’s your complete list of mesmerizing phrases to say to a man to have him eating out of the palm of your hand:
- I think you are the most ambitious man I’ve ever dated.
- I can really tell that you listen deeply to people when they talk, I love that about you.
- It’s clear that you put family first, I think that’s special and rare.
- It was such a good call taking this route instead of the other one, it’s saved us so much time.
- I’m really glad you said we should go out tonight instead of staying in, this was way more fun.
- That’s such a great idea, let’s do it.
- You turn me on so much.
- How do you do it? Because I feel like the sex between us is next level.
- It’s super sexy the way you pick me up and throw me around the bedroom
- You always manage to cheer me up and make me feel better.
- You make me so happy, I always wake up smiling if I wake up next to you.
- I feel so protected whenever I’m with you.
- Babe, can I get your help with this?
- Can I ask your opinion on something?
- Do you know how to fix this because I can’t seem to do it?
- I am going to the store, is there anything you’d like me to pick up for you?
- I’m here for you no matter what happens.
- I love you.
- Thank you for doing that, I know you go out of your way for me, and I want you to know that I really appreciate it.
- I feel so lucky to have you.
- You do so much for me, you are the best.
- You’re so smart.
- You’ve been working so hard recently, I’m so impressed
- Did you make that? It’s amazing.
- It’s ok, I trust you.
- If you feel like going out with your friends, don’t stay home on my account.
- No problem if you are busy, I’ll call a friend and see if she wants to hang out.
- I’m really happy being single, so I don’t jump straight into relationships.
- I never “play” hard to get, I don’t need to because I am hard to get.
- It takes a while to earn my trust.
50 Cute Things To Say To Your Boyfriend That Will Make Him Feel Loved
1. I need you.
2. I’m thankful for you.
3. I love the way you ____.
4. My life has changed for the better because of you.
5. I don’t know what I would do without you.
6. I will never forget ____ about you.
7. You make me feel so special.
8. I love how you ____.
9. You are so handsome.
10. I’m proud to be yours.
11. Thank you for being mine.
12. I love your smile.
13. You’ve been a blessing to my life.
14. When I’m feeling lost I turn to you.
15. I’ve never been so happy.
16. You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
17. I can’t imagine my world without you.
18. I want to spend my forever with you.
19. I don’t ever want to stop loving you.
20. I love every little thing about you.
21. I hope you know how much you matter to me.
22. I would do anything to be the girl you come home to every night and wake up to every morning.
23. Without you, I’d be so lost.
24. God has blessed me with such an incredible man.
25. There’s absolutely nothing I would change about us.
26. If I could just press pause, in this moment, I’d stay right here in your arms.
27. I love when you kiss me.
28. Even after all this time, you still give me butterflies.
29. I’m not sure what I was doing with my heart before you came along.
30. Your heart is safe with me, always.
31. I don’t ever want to know what life feels like without you by my side.
32. I will forever fight for you and with you.
33. Everything you do makes me fall more and more in love with you.
34. I’m so attracted to you.
35. I appreciate you.
36. You’re my last thought before I go to sleep, and my first when I wake up.
37. I’m so thankful that our paths crossed.
38. I love ____ about you.
39. Whenever you’re feeling down, know that I’m here.
40. I’m not going anywhere.
41. I can’t wait to make even more memories with you.
42. You brought light into my life.
43. Whenever we’re apart, I can’t stop thinking about you.
44. You have made me an incredibly happier, better person.
45. I will always be the best woman I can be for you.
46. I can’t stop smiling when I’m around you.
47. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be than with you.
48. I love you,with the kind of love that’s more than love.
49. I don’t think it’s even possible to love someone as much as I love you.
50. You are my forever and always.
“There isn’t a word in the dictionary to describe how I feel about you.”
If you found this helpful, Please SHARE it
If you enjoy OfficialDivineA, sign up to our email list and we’ll notify you about new articles as soon they come out. No spam, we promise.
Click on this link send us your love gift : https://officialdivinea.com/support-donate/
My Support Gift
We’re here for you! Our trained prayer ministers are standing by ready to agree with you in prayer according to Matthew 18:19. click here to submit an online request.
We are a top notch web design company, building affordable, stunning and high quality business websites. We understand that your business website is central to your brand identity, reputation and how clients
Drive traffic to your website and get followers and likes to your social media account. Let WAO Host advertise, promote, and strengthen the presence of your business. We can certainly get your website on the first page of Google for more information.
Visit www.waohost.com / Tell: 011 492 0828 / WhatsApp: 073 641 9751 / Email: Orders@waohost.com