There’s no denying that rejection can be a tough pill to swallow. Whether you’ve gone on a single date with someone or seven, the idea that they don’t want to pursue things further can take a toll on your self-confidence. But here’s the thing. The alternative to rejection is ghosting, and IMHO, that’s far more potentially destructive. So, what is the best rejection texts that are way better than ghosting? Typically, it’s a blend of honesty, compassion, and perhaps even a little bit of encouragement to soften the blow.
Telling someone you’re not into them is very cringeworthy, which is why, I suspect, most people just disappear. You may encounter a first date with someone totally nice who wants to go out again, and you just don’t want to. In that case, you may want tips on polite rejection texts to send after a first date, and I got you covered.
Not to set myself up as some type of saint, but here are some rejection texts I’ve sent that have been met with a grateful, and equally nice, reply. Please hold your applause until after you’ve finished reading.
1. Hi, it’s been really fun hanging lately, but I don’t think we’re meant to be more than friends. You’re so great (legit not just saying that), and I wish you the best.
2. Hi, thanks for hanging out the other day. I think you felt the same, but I wasn’t feeling a connection. It’s always super awkward to be the first one to say it, but I didn’t want to be one of those people who ghosts.
3. I want to be straightforward with you. I had a good time but I don’t see this going anywhere in the future. Good luck with [insert thing you spoke about].
4. Thanks again for tonight. TBH, I dunno about you, but I got more of a friendly vibe. It makes sense why we both get along with [insert mutual friend’s name]!
5. Hi, I am looking for something more serious at the moment, and I don’t see this heading in that direction. I hope you understand, and good luck with everything.
6. Hey, I think you’re amazing, but I just didn’t feel a spark. Good luck to you in this weird world of dating [insert smile-y emoji of your choice].
7. Hey, hope you’re good. I really enjoyed getting to know you but, if I’m being honest, I’m not feeling a connection between us. I’m not sure the chemistry was there. It was awesome meeting you though.
No one else knows what “chemistry” means to you, so it’s hard to argue with.
8. “I don’t want to waste your time…”
Starting a rejection off with this shows that you value their time. I’ve gone on second dates with people I had a bad feeling about, and as soon as I got on the date, I felt guilty for not only wasting my own time, but theirs, too. If you aren’t interested in someone, the kindest and most respectful thing you can do is value their time by letting them know.
9. When there’s still some healing left to do.
Hi. So, I recently got out of a relationship and thought I was ready to start dating again, but am realizing now that I’m not. I had so much fun with you though and would love to explore something in the future if the timing works out. [Note: Please only send this one if it’s the truth. You don’t want it to come back and bite you.]
If you met a nice person you don’t want to continue dating, consider one of these nine texts to let them know politely. The truth may hurt, but probably not as much as total silence.
If you enjoy OfficialDivineA, sign up to our email list and we’ll notify you about new articles as soon they come out. No spam, we promise.
Click on this link send us your love gift : https://officialdivinea.com/support-donate/
My Support Gift
We are a top notch web design company, building affordable, stunning and high quality business websites. We understand that your business website is central to your brand identity, reputation and how clients
Drive traffic to your website and get followers and likes to your social media account. Let WAO Host advertise, promote, and strengthen the presence of your business. We can certainly get your website on the first page of Google for more information.
Visit www.waohost.com / Tell: 011 492 0828 / WhatsApp: 073 641 9751 / Email: Orders@waohost.com