“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” –1 Corinthians 13:4-6
Christmas just may be the best time of year to be a witness of the love of Jesus to the world. Of course, any day is a good day to show the love of Jesus, but people seem to be seeking more, hurting more and needing more during Christmas. You can show the love of Jesus, as outlined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-6, by applying each principle to your Christmas activities this year.
- Love is patient. Let’s face it. Running errands, shopping, buying gifts, decorating, planning, cooking—it is time-consuming and somewhat intense. There can be a big temptation, even for believers, to become easily frustrated, irritable and impatient. But, God has called us to love others, and part of displaying that love is being patient in parking lots and store lines, and with those who aren’t as polite as they should be. Your patience will shine the light of Jesus and stand out in a crowd.
- Love is kind. Take the opportunity to show an extra measure of kindness to those around you this Christmas. Bless your child’s teachers with a gift or a special breakfast, reach out to those in need in your community through a food bank or by lending a hand in an elderly neighbor’s yard. A small act of kindness goes a long way and gives you the precious chance to be the hands and feet of Jesus to those around you.
- Love does not envy. There may be some great gifts given to those around you this Christmas. Don’t give in to the temptation to envy what others have. Rejoice with them, and thank God for the gifts you’ve been given—whether material or spiritual.
- Love does not boast. If you happen to be the recipient of a wonderful gift, be blessed and enjoy it, but be careful not to boast to others.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Love is not proud or rude. Do you insist on your own way? When you are shopping or at a relative’s home, can people count on you to be a blessing, or have they come to expect criticism and negativity? Be sure your words are edifying only—not critical or harsh. Shine the love of Jesus to everyone around you, and be a light in a dark world!
- Love is not self-seeking. Are you willing to give in to the desires of others now and then? You really wanted to have Christmas at your house this year, but relatives have other ideas. What do you do? Purpose to give preference to others this Christmas, and don’t just show up grudgingly, do so with a warm and cheerful heart.
- Love is not easily angered. Do you get angry in traffic? Or how about when people don’t move as fast as you’d like in the store and when someone is rude to you at the checkout counter? Instead of letting anger get the best of you, try something different. Determine to remain at peace no matter what. Show love and kindness to others. You never know what they might be going through. A simple act of tenderness may be just what they need.
- Love keeps no record of wrongs. Supernatural forgiveness. That’s the heart of Christmas, isn’t it? Jesus came to sacrifice Himself and wash all our sins away with His blood. During the season of the greatest act of forgiveness, check your heart and enter into Christmas without a drop of unforgiveness in your heart. If someone wrongs you, determine to forgive them right away.
These Bible principles from 1 Corinthians 13 will help you show the love of Jesus to those around you this Christmas season. When you seek to love others, you are living out the true meaning of Christmas before the world. We know it isn’t about Santa, lights and gifts, but the world doesn’t. Let’s show them why we celebrate Jesus by the way we love others this Christmas season!
You Can’t Fail When You Walk in Love! Enjoy this video from Kenneth and Gloria Copeland.
Partner of Kenneth Copeland Ministries
If you enjoy OfficialDivineA, sign up to our email list and we’ll notify you about new articles as soon they come out. No spam, we promise.
Click on this link send us your love gift : https://officialdivinea.com/support-donate/
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be! Click here and TRUST JESUS NOW
My Support Gift